From WOOF version 2.2.3/1.2.3 it is possible to use Turbo mode extension which reduce load to database using AJAX requests and predefined products data placed in JSON file.
Boost speed of products filtering. This mode allows to avoid generating big MySQL queries while products filtering on the site front what makes less loading to the server and getting filtering results more quick!
Demo site: https://turbo.products-filter.com/
Main idea of this extension is to avoid big MySQL requests on server side and replace them to more simple and direct: get products by ids.
- Check "Turbo Mode" extension in tab Extensions
- Press Save button
- In tab "Turbo Mode" enable it
- Click on button "Update Now!" (Reassemble products data now!)
- Wait untill operation finished
- Select Cron period and where to keep products data JSON file
- Select by drop-down where to keep JSON products data file. It is better to keep products data file in wp-uploads folder to avoid data removing after the plugin update, but not all hosting providers allows to get json data from this folder, so if you select keep data in the plugin folder remember about it and reassemble products data using button above after the plugin update.
- Press Save button
- In tab "Options" select if necessary options: Show count, Dynamic recount (if filter is veery big select dynamic recount only for PC), Hide empty terms
- DO NOT FORGET TO RESET ALL KINDS OF THE CACHE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SITE!!
- turbo mode doesn work with Hierarchy drop-down
- AJAX mode only, and because of this NOT compatible with all WordPress themes
- if turbo mode enabled disable in tab Advanced "Cache dynamic recount number" for each item in filter + "Cache terms"
- if search form is too big possible freezing if dynamic recount enabled (reason: redrawing of all html elements in the filter)
- maximum count of product is 15 000. If you need more use hook: 'woof_turbo_mode_products_limit'